Crafting Up A Storm

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Card challenges & an award

It's my friends daughters birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make a card for her.  I've used Naturals Ivory card as my card base.  I've stamped the letters in Pretty in Pink and Wisteria Wonder from the Letter It stamp set.  The papers are the Flirtatious Designer Papers and the Patterns Designer Paper Series in the new In Colours punched out with the Postage Stamp punch which is fast becoming one of my favourites.  I hope it makes it into the next Main Catalogue.  Ribbon is the White Organza Ribbon which is really pretty and I've finished off the card with some cute buttons.


I try to enter challenges whenever I can as it gets the grey cells going!  So this card is for the following challenges:

Simply Stampin Colour Challenge - Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White

Less is More Challenge - Punches or Dies

Sweet Stampin Challenge - 3 in a row - I've chosen Ribbon, Buttons & Spots

I've also been really thrilled to receive the Liebster blog award from Lisa at Dreaming of Creativity




For anyone that doesn't know, the Liebster award is given to inspirational blogs with less than 200 followers.

Liebster is a German word meaning dearest or favourite and the tradition is that I would pass on the award to 5 other blogs that have encouraged, inspired and motivated me. To accept the award here's what you need to do:

1....Thank the person who gave you the award on your blog
2....Link back to that blogger on your blog
3....Post the award to your blog        
4....Pass on the award to 5 of your most valued blogs (less than 200 followers)    
5....Leave a comment on those 5 blogs to let them know.
These are my five picks for this award.  I find each of these ladies very inspiring and wonderful, creative, crafty individuals.

Elaine at Crafting with Crafty B
Aija at CraftySmiles
Emma at My Red Wellies
Rozelle at The PaperCraft Sessions
Linz at Confessions of a Craftaholic

Please pop over and say hi and let them know I sent you :)

11 comments:

  1. I love the alphabet stamps, bold but still feminine especially when stamped in these colours, and the buttons add great dimension!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey You. Didn't know you got two blogs. Keeping busy eh :) ?
    Thanks for award xxxxxxxxxxxxx I will do all writing tomorrow.
    Thank you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, love those colours.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and what a super combination of colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely! The alphabet looks really cute with the Flitatious papers! Thanks for joining in the SSC! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicola, such a pretty card! Love the elegant simplicity of it and gorgeous colours.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really stylish and elegant! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week ..

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, love the combination of the pretty papers and those bold alpha stamps! A perfect card for a girl, Ella will be thrilled it was personalised just for her!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simply Stampin' and I hope you join us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card !! Love your buttons. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lost our white space but a lovely card

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...