Crafting Up A Storm

Friday, 4 March 2011

My first make

I managed to have a quick play with my starter kit yesterday, it is a friends birthday so an ideal opportunity to get going.  I used Early Espresso as my base card, which is a C6 card with the fold at the top.  I really like this style as it seems to stand better.  The paper is from the Patterns Designer Series paper pack, Pumpkin Pie.  I have used the largest stamp from the Baroque Motifs stamp set with a Real Red inkpad.  I cut a strip from the Real Red card and stamped Happy Birthday from the Occasional Greetings stamp set.

I can see where I could have made it better but for my first attempt I'm pretty pleased.  The colours look really lovely together.  I used the Color Coach to help me.  I didn't think I would like the Pumpkin Pie but actually it does go.


I'm off to have another play now, more pictures to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...